Spaces Available on our Cookery School Classes this Autumn
Despite the seemingly never-ending heatwave, our summer schedule of cookery classes has been a packed-out affair. Amateur bakers have been standing the heat and getting into our kitchen to learn the secrets of perfect macarons and other toothsome teatime treats. If you or a friend are keen to improve your baking skills, there are still a few spaces to fill on our popular cookery school classes this autumn. Here’s what’s coming up:
- 25th August – Bread baking for beginners. Demystifying the art of mixing and kneading dough and baking it into bread.
- 22nd September – Brownies, cookies and marshmallows. The secrets behind our exquisite brownies and how to make marshmallow cookie sandwiches.
- 6th October – Introduction to macaron making. Our most popular course, we run this at least once a month and they fill up quickly – the August and September macaron classes have already sold out.
- 13th October – Afternoon tea. A gentle meander through the world of cake, featuring madeleines, cream puffs and verrines.
- 20th October – Pork & Pastry. Led by Sarah Pettegree of Brays Cottage Pork Pies.
- 24th October – Cinnamon buns, muffins and pies. The American classics.
- 27th October – Naked Layer Cakes. Just one space left for this class at the time of writing!
All classes run from 9.00am until 2.00pm. The price includes refreshments and lunch, access to all the recipes and expertise of Team Macaron, all the ingredients you’ll need and cake boxes to take home all of the goodies you’ll bake on the day!
Check out the full list of available classes on the cookery school page of our website. For further information, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at the bakery on 01603 419506. A member of Team Macaron will be more than happy to answer your questions.